Wotmud Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Ended prematurely

+25
Cogair
faren
Natlif
Weol
Rasima
Avdima
Ω
Kybrim
Rion
Pegaon
Bory
Dirin
Bikon
Koen
Catrad
Geof
Voaon
Averon
vavin
Daatyl
Jurlei
besop
Agnarl
Loumin
29 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Game Ended prematurely - Page 2 Empty Re: Game Ended prematurely

Post  Kybrim Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:41 pm

"HEAR YE, HEAR YE: Dur was seen to be muttering, most likely due to the terrible weather we have seen this creator-given pre-day! Clearly the weather forcaster is NOT a witch or at the very least not a very good one. I guess no hanging today, although Vavin (whom I know very well) has already voted to see the Moderator at the end of a rope. With weather topsy turvy (though pleasant now), and all of the windows and doors bolted up in Italy, no one would know if she did! In any light, she'd have a tough time leading any mob lynches as the only road in Italy was mucked up by yesterday's flood and what are possibly the remains of meteors."

Coughing lightly, Kybrim takes a deep breath before bellowing, "Just practicing."

Kybrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Natlif Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:56 pm

Natlif

Back to top Go down

Post  faren Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Walking around the neighborhood, he nodded to some of his buddies who responded with familiar smiles. The damage around the town looked bad, but nothing to worry about. After all, no use crying over spilt milk.

faren

Back to top Go down

Post  Cogair Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:49 pm

My sweet, sweet power is gone. Dur is always watching, watching. That telescope always looking, looking through my window, watching my shows. No more shows for Dur. No more shows for me. What a bittersweet day.

Cogair

Back to top Go down

Post  Xylav Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Someone else showed up.

Xylav

Back to top Go down

Post  Relia Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:05 am

Relia cursed under her breath, she disliked the rain. The lightning had awoken her from her sleep and kept her awake to watch the entirety of the storm as it passed through.

Relia

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronel Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Yawn.

Ronel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bory Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:55 pm

"Are we seriously discussing taking another's life with no evidence?" asks an astounded Bory, before tripping over some rubble, thus ruining the entire effect he had been going for. "Shouldn't we clean the town up first?" he muttered to himself as he picked himself up again.

Bory

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:20 am

As the night settled on a very, very long day, Dur reflected on a day well spent. The town had quickly and efficiently responded to the destruction left by the storm. They'd made good progress on clearing the road but it was reckoned it'd take at least a week before vehicles could get through.

Townspeople had responded in many different ways to the events of the night before. Some marveled at the lack of casualties. Others took advantage of the lack of power to buy cheap, delicious ice-cream. Others called for the lynching of the Gods, much to the amusement of the Gods themselves.

The town went to bed that night, tired but optimistic about their predicament.

Happily hammered, Dur thought nothing of it when he staggered into a tall, hooded man heading in the opposite direction.

Admin

https://wotmafia.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:42 am

It was time for a rude awakening. In the early hours of the morning, an explosion rocked the town from its slumber. Rubbing the sleep from their eyes, they congregated around the flaming wreckage on the outside of town.

The Mayor was the first to speak up.

"What the hell happened here then?"

He was assailed by the whole spectrum of possibilities, ranging from a gas pipeline to aliens to gorgonzola and then inevitably to the Gods themselves. As the debate continued, the Mayor noticed something half buried in the debris. The curious town surrounded him. Someone had left a message etched in a piece of timber.

THE MAFIA MA-FEE-UH WOZ HERE

Silence fell. For the whole of three seconds.

"What the hell does WOZ mean?"

"Does that mean they've left? Are we safe now?

"I heard they eat children."

Suddenly, the Mayor had an epiphany. Dur had been the only cop in town. He'd had the only keys to the cells in the old police station. If the Mafia were still operating, what would they do if they managed to catch one? He voiced his concerns.

An old war veteran limped forward.

"String em up til they're dead. Only way to make sure they ain't coming back."

Dur, the only Cop in Town (Played by NPC) has been killed on Day 0.

It is now Day One. The deadline is set for 2 PM (EST) on August the 18th.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kybrim Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:21 am

A little confused, and more than a little bit worried, Kybrim listened to both the Mayor and the Veteran. "Lynching..?", he said to himself before backing away from the crowd. They'd gone from civilized to barbaric in a matter of moments, and quite frankly, that bothered ol' Kybrim. He put on his cap, and continued on his way towards work to get things going again.

Kybrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirin Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:40 am

Looking around at the flaming wreckage and the crude message scrawled into the timber, Dirin growls under his breath. "Mafia, huh?," Dirin says quietly before switching to a mocking tone of, "MA-FEE-UH." He shakes his head and stalks off into the night. We'll see about this whole 'MA-FEE-UH' business. Probably some kids or an opportunist taking advantage of the situation, Dirin thought as he searched around for traces of a runner.

Dirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kybrim Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:06 pm

"HEAR YE, HEAR YE: Today, the Mayor questioned what the town should do should the MA-FEE-UH be captured again. He voiced no protests as a war vet said it was time to enforce MILITARY LAW and HANG any that the find. Since Dur, the only cop in town, was killed horribly, there is no one to contest the Mayor and his thirst for mafia blood. However in times like these, order IS needed.

The facts, good people, the facts:
1. Dur, rest his soul, is dead. He served a long career with the police force, and was often seen to be visiting the local ice cream shop trying to get a free nibble here and there. They will miss his patronage.
2. The Mafia have escaped from jail, and cannot be found. It must be noted, they CAN spell, but wanted it to appear that they CANNOT. This implies they think they are smart. We know better. Lets find them!
3. If kids ARE playing a prank on us during these hard and crazy times, let it be known that the Mayor has taken this very serious. Best turn yourself in now. What will you be grounded from anyway? Look at this wreckage... best fess up now before the electricity is back and your games are taken from you."

With that Kybrim nods his head firmly, adjusting his cap once more.

Kybrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Catrad Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Catrad sighed when he saw the wreckage. "More clearing, more digging, and more work to do," he mumbled to himself. "And, after this, I bet they'll want me to dig a grave for the cop too. Poor Dur."

With that, he got out his tools, and began digging through the wreckage, hoping to see if there were any clues as to who murdered Dur.

Catrad

Back to top Go down

Post  Agnarl Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:11 pm

A little boy sat forlornly, watching the grown-ups bustle around chattering.

Agnarl

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegaon Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Personally, I do not think any of this is a prank by "kids" as seeing someone has died. No, this seems much more serious. Someone, the mafia or otherwise, is trying to take advantage of the town at its most vulnerable state. And now, with the loss of Dur, our only law enforcement official, we are extremely vulnerable indeed. As a town, we need to come together and work together to weed out any criminals. If anyone has any military or legal experience, we need you to step forward and help to keep us safe. Chaos must not control us.

P.S. I do not see why, if the mafia is present in town, they "have escaped from jail". I heard nothing the mayor said imply this. However, if Kybrim has some outside information I would ask kindly that he share it with the town as it might help us in any investigations.

Pegaon

Back to top Go down

Post  Kybrim Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:12 pm

If the MA-FEE-UH are not escapees from the jail, then they are some of us! I know which I'd rather believe.
Ugh, and I hate these rats that showed up among all the debris. They're always watching me from the shadows, but I can see their beady little eyes and I'll make sure they're taken care of.

Kybrim

Back to top Go down

Post  Bory Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:16 am

"I sure as hell hope these... err... "MA-FEE-UH" have escaped from the prison," bellowed Bory as he awkwardly stumbled through the debris strewn throughout the alley next to his home. "Because if they aren't, then we'll have to accept that criminals have been living among us all this time..."

Once he was finally clear of the worst of the debris Bory massaged his banged up legs and muttered, conspiratorially, "Why in the hell do we only have one police officer anyway?"

Bory

Back to top Go down

Post  Koen Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 am

Koen wonders outloud...

Is this Kybrim fellow really the Town Mayor?

Koen

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:35 am

Koen wrote:Is this Kybrim fellow really the Town Mayor?

No.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:34 pm

Numb from the apparent murder of Dur by a shadowy organisation, whom were definitely not the Mafia (they explicitly stated so), there was much less activity in the small town. But the engineers went about their job attempting to restore power and the volunteers continued clearing the debris blocking the road.

Everyone had different theories. Some blamed it all on the youth of today, always murdering town cops and other juvenile pranks. Others questioned why the town had only one cop in the first place, not realising that a town consisting of less than thirty people generally doesn't require a sizeable police force. A few were a little puzzled that the only alternative other than locking them up in the cells was to hang them.

As the sun set, everyone retired to their homes, bolting doors and peering warily through the blinds. Well, almost everyone.

In the town's only shady alley, a meeting was taking place.

"Good work, although a little less subtle than I asked, at least the old bastard's dead."

"The Mafia owed him after he busted the Florence operation. We lost everything."

"You left no trace of our involvement?"

"Well uh, I left my calling card. Old habits die hard."

There are a few moments of stunned silence.

"WHAT?"

"It's fine, I changed a few choice details to put them off the sent."

"..."

"What?"

Nobody has been lynched on Day One.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronel Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:30 pm

Well, it can't have been mafia that escaped from prison, cause that would mean they were caught before and somebody would already know who they are.

Ronel

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:18 pm

When the sun rose with no horrific explosions rocking the town, the mood dared to rise to optomistic. Catrad and Koen provoked much amusement as they came into town dancing, until it became apparent they were unable to stop. The newly constructed gallows gleamed in the morning sun, and people begun wondering whether it was really necessary. Until someone realised that Vavin and Voaon were missing. The town split into two teams, half headed to Voaon's, the other to Vavin's.

Arriving at Voaon's home, everyone was relieved to find it was still intact. The doorbell produced no response, and after someone discovered the back door was unlocked, a thorough search revealed Vavin was nowhere to be found. The team headed back to the square with the news.

Those who had elected to look for Vavin would soon regret their decision. Something was clearly wrong from a distance, something had broken through the solid brick wall with sheer brute force. With growing trepidation the crowd creeped forward, no one willing to pass through the hole. Finally with much pushing and shoving, someone was hurled bodily into the house to investigate.

Vavin was lying on her side, the expression so peaceful someone could almost mistake it for a deep, dreamless sleep. If you discounted the gaping, scorched hole which passed through one side of her head to the other. And her limbs ripped from their sockets and scattered around the barren house. Once everyone had evicted their breakfast, a few braver souls decided to look for clues. The house offered nothing, no furniture, no appliances, no identification.

An old priest who had joined the Voaon group was called to perform the final rites once both groups reported their findings. As he reached the body, supported by an old battered cane, his eyes widened.

"I..."

His hand began to shake as he reached forward and laid a hand on Vavin's forehead. His head began to spin and someone lent an arm for support. As he stuttered out the last syllable, the crowd gasped. Where previously lay tattered remains was now a void. The priest felt himself leaning inwards, falling. Strong hands grabbed him, pulling him back as he lost his grip on his cane, letting it fall into the darkness.

Gradually, a single point of light in the centre of the void could be discerned, growing until onlookers were forced to turn away or risk blindness. When they dared to look again, nothing remained of Vavin. The cane had vanished.

"What in the world?"

Tears streamed from the priest's face as he answered.

"She was one with Sigma. Who could have done such a terrible thing? Who could strike down the God's themselves?"

Vavin the rebellious weakened Ophan, Lesser Aspect of Sigma (Played by Gesin) has been Lasered and Dismembered on Day One.

Voaon has gone missing on Day One.

Catrad has begun dancing on Day One
Koen has begun dancing on Day One

Two new rules are in effect for Day Two

Day Two ends at 6:30 pm EST Thursday 19 August

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Avdima Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:53 pm

Avdima's eyes betrayed nothing as he continued to stare at the spot occupied by the Ophan, long after everyone else had left. Eventually, someone came up from the square and asked if he'd come down and continue helping them with the debris.

Snapped out of his thoughts, Avdima nodded abruptly and followed them down to the square.

Avdima

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronel Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Seriously? Somebody's power is to make people dance?!

Ronel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum