Wotmud Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Ended prematurely

+25
Cogair
faren
Natlif
Weol
Rasima
Avdima
Ω
Kybrim
Rion
Pegaon
Bory
Dirin
Bikon
Koen
Catrad
Geof
Voaon
Averon
vavin
Daatyl
Jurlei
besop
Agnarl
Loumin
29 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Game Ended prematurely - Page 10 Empty Re: Game Ended prematurely

Post  besop Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:13 am

Just give me 10 min for my last words befor you kill me.

besop

Back to top Go down

Post  besop Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:25 am

Forgive me. Fracturing you was...a mistake. I had a lapse of judgement. I was...wrong. Forgive me...

Sigma

It is unfortunate that you had to come to that understanding so late. I fear what Omega will do unchecked. I have been trying to meditate in this form to reassemble myself, but I am too shattered, too weak, and there is nothing on the other side to grip on to. I shall keep trying but it seems the fate of humanity is in their own hands...to survive Omega.

The three Aspects, Alpha, Omega, and Sigma are the three 'parts' of the Moderator, and are a real part of the game. Sigma was split into many parts, and I was a very weak version of it. My role was to act as a buffer between the other two aspects and the Town, to show sympathy to the humans. Omega is vengeful and destructive while Alpha was scheming and emotionless. Sigma held sympathy for the humans...and I died in the first round Wink

Seems like there is SOME pattern with the names, but that isn't it. Switching the first and third letter of Vavin is still Vavin Wink

~Sigma

I don't know if these are the same ability as the full aspects, but my lesser Aspect had these abilities:

Trial, Voice, Banish, Aurora, Choice, Whisper, Life, Death, Rule, Judge, Love, Time.

I could do one a day, but no descriptions until I did one, apparently, but no direction as to if I had to accompany some of the abilities with a name. I died while I was trying Trial of the first day Evil or Very Mad

Vavin

from Koen:

Roll. I told the town i'd need protection, and while geof had like 3 protectors, none of them thought to swap to me :p

My role was VERY powerfull for the town, but there was 0 way to conceal it, and it would have only worked out if someone had of bothered to protect me!

Pegaon asked if Koen had any restrictions for the question (beside yes no question), and Koen said no restriction.

Koen would also look at Averon next (investigate/lynch)

Thats it.

With that Besop turns around to lock his house but as he is about to turn the key he shakes his head turns to the waiting mob and calmly walks toward his fate with a smile on his face.

besop

Back to top Go down

Post  besop Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:40 am

While we are waiting, Kybrim also wants to tell the one who lasered him, that he is waiting with a mirror.

besop

Back to top Go down

Post  besop Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:22 am

this waiting gives you time to think. I think Faren is someone shady, maybe mafia.

besop

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirin Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:44 am

Dirin paces around the square, collecting his thoughts. "I am trying to make out what I can of your 'last words', Besop, but I am afriad that I have learned little from it to clear your name or justify your killing, either way. I am left to trust in my letter. You say that Kybrim is speaking with you? Do you now have some unheard of ability to speak with the dead? My letter tells that you must die as a mafia member, but it is true that I am no Investigator myself. If it turns out that you have not been aiding Ronel, then I assure you I will immediately attempt to find someone to look into your suspecions. But as I said earlier, this letter was pretty specific on its claims against Ronel and all of the claims seemed to hold true," Dirin finishes.

After a few moments pausing, he adds in, "I must plead that whomever sent me my letter, makes themself known to me. You obviously have information, and the town could use it," Dirin concludes.

Dirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Averon Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:33 am

LYNCH BESOP

Averon

Back to top Go down

Post  Averon Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:49 am

I neglected to read the last page before posting my vote. I would like to temporarily withhold my call to lynch besop, until we hear more.

Averon

Back to top Go down

Post  faren Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Dirin seems like a good guy, and I'm just going based off what he said, like most of the rest of the town. Does that really make me shady, or just make you a sore loser? Geof can vouch for me at least. If Dirin's wrong and we make a mistake lynching you...no use crying over spilt milk!

faren

Back to top Go down

Post  Daatyl Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:40 am

ooc: so did the game die? Sad

Daatyl

Back to top Go down

Post  besop Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:54 am

After waiting for an eternaty Besop decides to end this farce walks into the highest building in the city. After a short moment you see him reapear on the roof.

splash

Besop the townie with the 6th sense has comited suicide

besop

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirin Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:44 am

(The phase isn't over yet, so maybe this will go through)
Dirin considers the actions of Besop, since his allegiance was first brought into question. The man has stuck with his claims the full way..And he said that he's able to talk to the spirits, and has been doing so to help the town, Dirin thinks to himself, idly. "Perhaps my letter was a trick...," Dirin trails off as something from a rooftop catches his eye. He glances at the roof to see Besop standing near the edge.

"Besop, don't jump. It seems that I have made a grave mistake, and have been fooled by the mafia with their letter. I am voting that we have NO Lynch today, because Besop seems to be on our side," Dirin finishes, hoping the town quickly follows suit.

Dirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xylav Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:12 am

Yes, I will follow suit. I'll withdraw my vote against Besop and change it to a
no lynchfor now.
However it won't really help us not to lynch anyone.

Xylav

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:02 pm

Again, weekends bad for me. Day Six (forgot to change that) will end sometime today. Hopefully.

Admin

https://wotmafia.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Averon Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:30 am

Averon spears himself with a sword. He dies. Rip. woo.

Sorry guys, this game has been far too protracted and aimless. Im out.

Averon

Back to top Go down

Post  Rion Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:57 pm

Things to think about before hosting a mafia game: "Can my partner and I converse on a regular basis about the game?" "Can my partner and I devote 30 minutes to an hour EVERY day to running mafia?"

If the answer is no, you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Rion

Back to top Go down

Post  Geof Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:20 pm

Geof somehow whistles idly around his cigar, somewhere in the city, and chuckles as the rising blue smoke slowly freezes in place to match the dull sun held in time's deadlock for the past few... Glancing at his wristwatch, hands unmoving, he shrugged. Who the hell knew how long they'd been stuck like this?

Nevertheless, he kept puffing away, dry chortles rising from within the petrified smoke cloud. Perhaps killing two of the mortal embodiments of our God was a bad idea, in the larger scheme of things....

Geof

Back to top Go down

Post  Pegaon Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:03 am

Speaks from the grave........

Dont give up guys. And dont jump to conclusions. Yes, it seem we have been abandoned but let us hope that Delion is ok IRL and nothing serious has happened to cause him to be away. I know it is frustrating but sometimes IRL problems arise. If you must quit because of time constraints and not expecting this mafia to run this long that is fine, but lets not be over critical until we know the situation.

And in the words of Dr. Claw...

I'll get you next time Geof!!

Pegaon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirin Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:40 am

Alright guys, come on. The day was supposed to end like 5 days ago. In 5 days, neither of ya'll has had a chance to jump on here real quick and do it? We even had one of ya'll (I thought it was Delion, but -shrug-) come on 2 days ago saying the phase would end that day. I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I really do appreciate the work that ya'll have done on this. Storywise, this has been my favorite mafia ever. But it's getting pretty ridiculous. Can we atleast have a definite "Hey, this is what's happening" post?

Dirin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xylav Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:44 pm

Crickets can be heard throughout the town.
Chirp.
Chirp?
Chirp!!!

Xylav

Back to top Go down

Game Ended prematurely - Page 10 Empty Day 7 starts on 6th September, 3:30 pm EST.

Post  Moderator Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:21 am

Vote count:

Besop: Dirin, Weol, Xylav, Avdima, Cogair, Rion, Faren, Averon (Cool

Not Voting: Everyone else.

Besop, Townie who can see Dead People (Played by Lesa) has been lynched on Day 6.

Retcon:

Agnarl has returned to the game on Day 5.

The player of Agnarl has also had issues with their account, and if worst comes to the worst, they'll be playing under a new account. Likely called Agnarl 1.

A crucial bit of info has been overlooked (lost) by us both, as such Catrad will be returning at the start of Day 7.

There will be a period of 28 hours from this post whilst the game regains its footing. It's basically going to be functioning as a Night Phase this one time.

During this time, if the living could mail that they're active and willing to play, or that they'd like to leave the game, as well sending in any night actions, that'd be swell.

And finally, Congrats Lesa!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:49 am

Well, I'd hoped it wouldn't come down to this, but it's my fault.

It might be an idea to read the updated role list, the Backstory and the Randomized names threads in the Moderator forum, otherwise the following might be somewhat confusing.

-----

This game was brilliant fun to build, and hosting it on a seperate forum really was worth it to allow a few roles which would be utterly impossible on Wotmud.

This game operated under two premises:

1. Preventing people being biased in decision-making by some of the big Mafia names. (Success!)

2. If everyone has insane roles, will that help prevent inactivity? (In fact, no one actually went inactive until my abscence iirc. Success!)

One of the big shames is that we had a whole backstory planned out (which is all in the Mod forum), but due to time constraints myself and Cara never got to play them out. We were supposed to be more active on Avdima and Rasima, and Omega and Alpha would also be present more often, conversing about the actions of the town, with Omega becoming more of an antagonist and Alpha becoming more Protagonistic. The RP in the end post would have been altered depending on whether Avdima, Rasima or any of the Lesser Aspects of Sigma were alive. It quickly became apparent this would consume far more time than either of us had. Ah well.

One of the major issues with everyone having awesome roles is that each time anyone was killed by an ability or lynched, you always wished that the role had lasted a little longer. Razz
Nowhere was this more apparent than Pegaon's early death.Pegaon & Weol (Team SK), whom were both played simultaneously by Reject.

The Kybrim account was hilarious to moniter. Three seperate mails from the account asking if I'd messed up. Then we decided to let them talk to each other by mailing the Kybrim account using the Kybrim account. Fun for the Mod's to watch as they tried to work out how many they numbered and assigned each other names.

The closest thing the town had to a leader after Koen (who used his ability brilliantly) was Geof, the "town detective". How surprised is everyone that Geof was played by Gem? Very Happy (And that she was actually a member of the Mafia?) We were worried how much of a chance the town had when the Mafia when we saw Gem and Callisto choose Mafia roles! Razz

Mention must be given to Daatyl (played by Dur), who put a lot of work into his Day Action PM's to the mods. It was brilliant to read how he constructed mind reading devices with duct tape and forcefields with Commodore 64's and tin foil (iirc).

It's just a shame we were unable to bring this game to fruition, though I hope everyone involved enjoyed it whilst it lasted. I'm sure I'll make some awards later!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum