Wotmud Mafia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backstory

3 posters

Go down

Backstory Empty Backstory

Post  Moderator Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:01 am

Basically, we three comprise the moderator, a single entity. We toy with realities. We observe.

We're all Aspects of the moderator. There are lesser aspects (in the game).

However a race has become self-aware (humanity) and we're intrigued. We don't destroy this planet, we preserve it.

We're supposed to not have emotion, to simply watch.

But you and third mod (hopefully Keya when she picks up her mail), don't wish to watch this planet burn, which is in conflict with me. Who's the darker side of the moderator.

So whilst at the start nothing seems wrong, I was thinking that as time passes it becomes more and more obvious that the moderator has some internal strife going on.

Tentative mod 'interests':

Del- War, death, etc
Caraghan- Technology, science,
Keya- Spirituality, religion, emotion

I was thinking that the argument will become more and more heated as each day passes. If an aspect of any of us mods is lynched then we will be weakened and the conclusion to this little side story will be decided based on who's aspect remains at the end of the game.

If mine and yours are lynched, the moderator's chief aspect will become Keya, a benevolent deity, ushering in an era of peace.

If mine and Keya's are lynched, the moderator's chief aspect will become Caraghan, a fair deity, who watches as humanity conquers the stars.

If Keya's and Caraghan's are lynched, I will be the chief aspect, a vengeful deity, the cosmos will burn like all before it.

If only one aspect is lynched the result will be a mixture.

If no aspects are lynched then the Moderator continues to play his games. If all aspects are lynched then the Moderator is weakened to a point where it cannot interfere with human affairs.

----

Then there's got to be the main story. It's not a wotmud based mafia, so an isolated town wherever will probably do. Police force keeping it under lockdown. The usual!

----

I am the Moderator.

I Am.

I am Delion. I am Keya. I am Caraghan.

We are Aspects. We are the Moderator.

We watch. We wait. We intervene.

Sometimes We tire of worlds. Realities. We watch them burn, by Our own design. Fall back into nothing.

Sometimes We create new cosmos, new beings with which to play Our games.

In one such reality We observed the evolutions of mortals. In one such reality, We observed the formation of self-awareness.

We were intrigued.

The first mortals in an infinity to say I Am.

We preserved this world.

For Our amusement.

We observe as they struggle to rationalize their existence. We watch as one man loses control of his emotions and kills another, his mind clouded with rage. We are present as the last thread connecting soul to mortal shell snaps.

For We are the Ones who cut it. And the Ones who brought it from nothing into existence. The Ones who have brought it to fruition.

We watch as a single voice cries out in protest and is silenced.

We watch as one of these...

Humans. They call themselves humans.

We watch as these humans strive to understand their place in this uncaring universe.

We watch as a newborn is delivered in a stable, unknowing of his fate.

We watch as men challenge the shackles of their opressors.

We watch as they try to grasp the abstract. As they live, love, die.

We watch as they master the physical world around them. Conquering the stars.

We know every dream, every ambition, ever desire. We see people fighting to protect their way of life. To protect their ideals. To protect the ones they love.

It is alien.

We watch as one of these humans orders the death of millions, convinced he is doing god's work.

In vain.

For there is no god.

There is no benevolent deity.

There is only Us.

Unchanging, Uncaring.

Watching. Waiting.

Screaming.

Ignorance is bliss.

You all dance to My tune.

----------------------------

Last edited by Moderator on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

https://wotmafia.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Backstory Empty Re: Backstory

Post  Moderator Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:22 am

So we've got the Moderator and the Three Aspects.

Myself, Aspect of Ruin.

Yourself, Aspect of Justice.

Keya, Aspect of Life. Or something.

Just thought I'd give each one a title.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Backstory Empty Just a random Idea

Post  Moderator Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:22 pm

If one of our aspects get lynched, Alpha and Omega lose immunity to death?

Just a thought

-c

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:40 pm

Ooh, I like it.

So that means if the Seraph or Ophan get lynched, we're in trouble Razz

Last edited by Moderator on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Some thoughts I had whilst making the priorities just now. Little rambly Razz

Keya can be Sigma perhaps.

Creation of the Alpha, Omega and Sigma accounts. For rp purposes. Having arguments in the main game thread sorta thing Razz Use the moderator account for vote counts and end/start phases.

So Aspect Delion, Aspect Caraghan, Lesser aspect of Keya in game (Seraph), Lesser aspect of Keya in game (Ophan).

Seraph's aim to lynch both Delion and Cara lynched. Now both Seraph and Ophan are lesser aspects of Keya. Keya's main aspect fought Delion and Caraghan and was defeated, now weakened and split into lesser aspects. Fought against Delion cause he's evil (duh!), against Cara because Keya's against interfering (unlike Cara) and the indifference Cara has for human life.

Do you mind if Cara's aspect's personality is changed slightly? She's competing with Delion because she's intrigued by the humans, like a scientist with lab rats, so would prefer them not destroyed. The experiment has not run its course.

Caraghan creates. Keya preserves and looks after. Delion destroys.

If your up for this, I'll need to change Seraph and Ophan's role descriptions to reflect change in history.

Names of our own player accounts? Guess I'll find something subtly referencing ruin and destruction, up to Cara for hers.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Created three groups with Red and Blue coloured names for group members respectively.

For Me and you. Going with the weakened Keya theme, don't need to make a profile for her.

I'm up for naming the Aspect accounts with the Omega and Alpha symobls repsectively. Or if you've already got a better name for alpha, I'll think up something awesome for Omega.

As for the accounts we'd use to play, I'll leave the name up to you. Still need to think of one for me.

Also, a slightly annoying problem I found a work around for, you can only create one profile per email address. But, if you create one profile, I can just change the email address to some gibberish. Then you can create a second profile with the original email address again, and I can switch back the first's gibberish address.

Leaving you with 2 profiles both with whichever email address you wish to use. Success!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ω Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:24 pm

Fear me! Twisted Evil

So if we still use the initial coloured message for the first post. Then the rules (Probably need to write them or borrow some others Razz)

Then the flavour. I'm thinking a nice little town in Italy? We can include the heavens thundering, signifying the war up above between Keya and us two. Suddenly a huge boom of thunder rocks the sky, flaming objects scattering from the heavens. Two flaming fragments or something crashing down from the heavens nearby the little village (i.e. the Serpah and Ophan).

Maybe during periods of the game we can discuss the deconstruction of Sigma. Initially both outraged by her (I'm more and more picturing you as some sorta White Ajah mentality for this, if that's cool with you?), Gradually with us both turning against each other, you thinking it was unnecessary and illogical (we should have reasoned!), me ignoring you, relishing her death. Because I'm eeeevil.

Ω

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:16 pm

I do like the direction my personality is heading.

I'm more of "The Architect" (from the random Keys to the Kingdom books Very Happy). I create life, observe, possibly, but do not intervene. I am interested in what these, what do they call themselves, humans, might accomplish without intervention. Keya was too benevolent, too caring to not intervene; i.e. she couldn't stand to watch the humans struggling with disease, death, pain, etc, so she tried to intervene.

As a sidenote, did Keya oppose us initially, or did she work behind our backs? It's not thaaaat important, but I think it could be a critical point to make.

Personally, I don't like the thought of a cowardly Deity, I think she might have opposed us outright. However, is it more noble to forsake your pride and work behind your opposition's backs in order to further your cause?

I think I'm reading too much into this.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ω Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:25 pm

So am I Razz

I think opposing us outright, battle for reality sorta thing, hence the idea of the titanic storm + flaming fragments (representing lesser aspects of Keya/Sigma) as fallout from her being blown to bits. Very Happy

Ω

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:16 pm

α has been created!

It's the same password as Omega and Moderator, for ease of memory Razz

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  α Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Mmm, blue.

α

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:49 pm

With Omega and Alpha, how will we conduct ourselves in the thread? (Assuming Rasima and Avdima are acting like normal players?)

I'm not really sure myself. Maybe we'll simply have our own discussion and ignore the rest of the players in the game thread? Occasionally deigning to speak to one of them in disdain. Or threatening to slow roast their flesh in my case Razz

Also, I'm out for the night. Early start tomorrow, will check mail and forum when I wake.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Moderator Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:44 am

I've been struggling to think of a reason to spark off our Omega/Alpha debate. However, it looks like an opportunity will present itself if Vavin (Lesser Aspect of Sigma) is lynched.

Perhaps you could mention about how weak Sigma has become, for even a fraction to be killed by a mortal. Then I'll say she should have been destroyed when we had the chance, how you were a fool for protecting her.

We can improvise all of it if we get a stable base. Starting to talk about the fate of the town, intereference, our conflicting purposes, etc.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum